UPDATED: 02 April 2020
On 23 March 2020, the Government announced a lockdown, restricting people’s movements with travel to and from work only if absolutely necessary because of the coronavirus COVID-19. This is expected to last for three weeks at least and while we continue to monitor Government advice, we recognise that our services to you will be impacted severely. During this time, we will do our best to operate as close to normal as possible but we might not achieve our usual service standards. We wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Our ultimate priorities are to provide services to the most vulnerable of our residents and other service users whilst maintaining business critical functions and protecting the health and well-being of our employees and residents.
Offices and Customer Hubs closed
None of the Group’s offices are open and our employees have been asked to stay and work from home unless they:
- are site-based and work in independent living, supported schemes or extra care schemes
- carry out fire safety checks in general needs properties
- carry out emergency repairs; or
- they work for statutory services we provide.
Our employees will use phone and video-conferencing to communicate with customers, colleagues and partners where possible. Please do not visit our offices. If you have an urgent need to contact us during this time, please call us or chat with us on our website.
Difficulties paying your rent
If you’ve been affected by coronavirus and are struggling to pay your rent, we’re here to help. Please get in touch with us. Our ‘connect’ contact service is now equipped to work from home.
Further information can be found at the following pages:
If you haven’t already, we would encourage you to register for our online services.
For repairs to your home, we are operating a critical emergency repairs service. This means we will focus on carrying out emergency repairs only. Our emergency repairs criteria are:
- complete failure of gas central heating and hot water
- electrical failure to property (none appliance related)
- plumbing leaks that cannot be controlled or isolated
- blocked toilets where sewage is overflowing into the property
- insecure entrance doors
- responding to flooded properties
- responding to property fires
- suspected gas leaks
- CO alarm activations
- faulty smoke alarms
- dangerous electrics as a result of water ingress
- broken and insecure windows
- dangerous structures
- failure of warden call system
- loss of communal/emergency lighting
- statutory testing around emergency lighting, fire alarms and water hygiene.
Please only call us about maintenance when you need to report an emergency repair. Before we visit, please let us know if anyone in your household is unwell.
All our events across the neighbourhoods where we work, are cancelled with immediate effect. Please check our website for future updates on Neighbourhood activity. We wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
We will keep these arrangements under constant review as we are monitoring developments very closely. For more information, we have published the Group’s Coronavirus Position Statement here.
Please regularly check our website as we will be publishing further guidance taking account of advice from central Government and Public Health England. In the meantime, please follow the official government advice for the public here.
Thank you for your understanding. Stay safe and let’s do our best to take care of each other.