From 18 May 2020 and as an extension to the ‘emergency plus’ service, we will also be undertaking all urgent repairs.
Please only call us about maintenance when you need to report an emergency or urgent repair. Where these are required in properties with people who have symptoms and are self‐isolating, we are providing additional safety precautions to protect our employees who attend. Where it is safe to do so, we will also be undertaking external repairs that do not require our technicians to enter the property.
When requesting a repair please advise us if you or anybody in household is shielding / vulnerable etc. In households where someone is isolating due to having COVID – 19 symptoms or has been advised to shield we will only carry out repairs to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household. In these cases our operative will wear PPE including face mask and gloves.
What to expect when we attend a repair or maintenance appointment.
- Upon arrival our operative will display their official identification but a distance of at least 2 metres.
- They will ask you to confirm that everyone in the house is currently feeling well
- Please ensure that you and other members of your household maintain a minimum distance of 2 metres from the operative at all times. If this can’t be achieved the repair may not be able to be completed.
- Please ensure that children and pets are removed from the area of repair.
- Please open doors and windows in the area of repair if possible.
- Please do not offer our operative tea, coffee or other refreshments.
- Please do not hand or pass anything to the operative.
- You may notice that our operative washes their hands more than you might normally expect. Don’t be alarmed, this is in line with current Government guidelines.
- You may notice that our operative washes or wipes down an object or surface before handling, again don’t be alarmed, this is in line with current Government guidelines.
- If our operative needs to discuss aspects of the repair with you they may ask to speak to you outside of the property.
- If your repair requires more than one visit we will send the same operative where this is achievable.
- For most routine tasks (where none of the household has symptoms of COVID – 19 or is shielding) our operatives are not required to wear face masks, again this is in line with current Government workplace guidelines.