Paying your Rent

Download article Print article
Choose from the index:

Rent is due one week in advance from the Monday of each week from the start of your tenancy. If you are a new tenant, your Lettings Officer will tell you how much your rent is and whether there are any extra services provided when you sign your tenancy agreement.

Providing that payments are made in advance, they can be made:

  • weekly
  • fortnightly
  • monthly.

Direct Debit or payment by allpay swipe card are our preferred methods of payment. These methods of payment costs us less to process, allowing us to use our resources to improve the services we can offer you.

You can use any of the methods listed below to pay your rent. If you would like to change your method of payment, please contact us using callconnect or mobileconnect.

Direct Debit

You can pay your rent by Direct Debit weekly, fortnightly or monthly on whichever day suits you best. To do this please contact us and we will assist you in setting up the Direct Debit. We will tell you when the first payment will be taken on Direct Debit and then you can cancel your old payment method. Direct Debit is a great and easy way to pay as you do not have to remember when the rent is due and if your rent changes we will do all the work for you to make sure your Direct Debit is changed and you are paying the correct amount.

With Your Allpay Payment Card

At the Post Office
You can pay at any Post Office (which are also open on Saturday mornings) with your allpay swipe card. They will give you a receipt as proof of payment. Please retain this receipt for your records. If you do not have a swipe card but would like to use this payment method please contact us.

At a PayPoint shop or garage
Look for the PayPoint or e-pay sign and pay your rent with your allpay card at the till. You will get a receipt as proof of payment. Please retain this receipt for your records. Please be aware that It can take up to 3 days for the payment to appear on your rent account. You can find your nearest PayPoint by visiting the allpay website outlets’ search service.

Through Our Website

You can pay on our website with your Debit card and allpay swipe card using our online services.  This service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.  If you have an email account you will receive a message confirming the payment has been made which you should keep for your records.

By Standing Order

Payments can be made directly from your Bank or Building Society on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis. To use this payment method please Get in touch and we will send you a Standing Order form for you to complete and return to us.

Over The Telephone

You can pay your rent over the phone using our 24 hour automated service.  Please phone connect on 0300 111 1133 and select Option 3.  If you are calling outside our normal working hours which are between 6:00pm – 8:00am, you will need to select option 2 instead.  Please note that you will need your allpay card along with a valid debit or credit card to use this service.

Or, if you are a Miles Platting tenant please call 0800 234 6826.

By Post

Post a cheque or postal order to your landlord:

  • Jigsaw Homes North, Turner House, 56 King Street, Leigh, Lancs WN7 4LJ.
  • Jigsaw Homes Tameside, Cavendish 249, Cavendish Street, Ashton-under-Lyne OL6 7AT
  • Jigsaw Homes Midlands, Cavendish 249, Cavendish Street, Ashton-under-Lyne OL6 7AT

Please make sure that your cheque is payable to your landlord accordingly and write your address and tenant reference number on the back.

Or, if you are a Miles Platting tenant please send your cheque or potal order to Baker House, 542 Oldham Road, Miles Platting, Manchester, M40 8BS.

Coronavirus FAQs

We know that this is a worrying time and we understand that many of you will be affected financially by the measures the Government has put in place, but we’re committed to ensuring no one is evicted as a direct result of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We’ve put together some FAQs about paying your rent, but if you need further advice and support, including helping you make claims for the benefits you’d be entitled to, call us on 0300 111 1133 or email us at or as soon as you can.

What do I need to do?

If you are in receipt of Tax Credits or Housing Benefit it’s important that you notify any drop in your income to the Tax Credits Team and your Local Authority Housing Benefit Department. Also if you are receiving Tax Credits or Housing Benefit and are no longer working because of COVID-19 we would recommend you speak with our Money Advice Team who will be able to determine whether making a Universal Credit claim is necessary depending upon your individual circumstances.

If you currently receive Universal Credit, and your employment circumstances have changed, you should update your online journal as soon as possible so that the Department of Work and Pensions can re-assess your entitlement.

If you don’t currently receive any top up benefits and your income has dropped we would recommend that you make a claim for Universal Credit, to include the housing element for your rent. If you are entitled to Universal Credit, you will be able to request an advance payment to give you access to funds straight away but you will need to repay this each month over the next 12 months. The Government has put in place additional measures to ensure that claims are paid without delay, and some people who may not have been entitled to benefits before, will now be able to make a claim.

All we ask is that you make a claim for the benefits you are entitled to, and pay to us your normal rent once your benefits are in payment. If you have had to wait for your benefits to be paid to you, meaning arrears have built up on your account, we will come to an agreement for this to be repaid at an affordable rate, once things have settled down. Please email the rents team on who will be able to help you set up this repayment arrangement. You can also contact them on 0300 111 1133.

What about my rent account?

We know that this is a difficult time for everyone, and we will continue to support you through it, all we ask is that you keep in touch. We are committed to a ‘no eviction’ approach in line with national guidelines, and therefore we will not take any action for unpaid rent during this time if you are affected by Government measures or the impacts of coronavirus. There will be no interest or additional charges added to your account.

I’m not sure what I am entitled to. Can you help me?

We have a Money Advice Team who can advise you on making a claim for benefits. You can email them on or call them on 0300 111 1133. Alternatively use the online calculator tool to check if you’re eligible to make a claim for benefits during this time.

I’ve heard that mortgage lenders are offering 3 month mortgage payment holidays. Can I have 3 months off from paying my rent?

Mortgage lenders are offering payment holidays for up to 3 months for people whose income has been affected by the coronavirus. This will need to be paid back to lenders, and interest is likely to be added. The Government has introduced additional support which means that you may now be entitled to claim for your rent to be ‘paid’ whilst your income is affected. Please click here to check if you are eligible for help with paying your rent.

I’m already under a payment agreement or court order for my rent. What do I do?

If your income has not been affected by the measures put in place, you will need to carry on paying as you normally do. If your income is affected, and you are now unable to meet these payments, please email or call on 0300 111 1133 to discuss your account. We will assess your current agreement or court order to make sure this is still affordable for you.

I usually pay my rent at the local shop / Post Office and I can’t go there now. What should I do?

There are a number of different payment methods available to you.
• Use your AllPay card to make payment using the AllPay telephone line on 0300 111 1133 or you can pay your rent online
• Use your AllPay card to make payment by downloading the AllPay app for your smart phone
• Pay your rent by bank transfer using your online or telephone banking. Make sure you quote your tenancy number as your payment reference so we can allocate the payment to your rent account. Our bank details are as follows:

Chorley Community Housing
-Sort code: 01-10-01
-Account number: 63196549

• Set up a direct debit– contact us on 0300 111 1133 to set up a direct debit.

I usually call your offices to pay my rent using my debit card. What should I do?

You can still call us on 0300 111 1133 to make a payment over the phone using your debit card.

Further support and information

• The Government have provided information and guidance for self-employed people and businesses faced with financial difficulties as well as a dedicated Business Support Helpline who can provide additional advice on tax and benefits.
• Universal Credit guidance for claimants that are self-isolating has been published by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). You will not be sanctioned if you do not attend your Job Centre appointments.
We will continue to update our website if anything changes over the coming weeks. We appreciate that situations are changing on a daily basis at the moment, so if your situation changes, please keep in touch with us so we can support you.

Download article Print article
Related Articles