Homes contents insurance

Download article Print article
Choose from the index:
Insuring your home contents

This home contents insurance has been arranged for tenants and leaseholders of Jigsaw Group tenants and leaseholders by Aon through Aviva.

When you take out home contents insurance, your household goods and contents will be insured whilst in your home against events such as fire, theft or flooding. The insurance also covers the theft of your keys and the contents in your freezer.  There is also cover for personal liability. There is no cover for wear and tear or mechanical breakdown.

New-for-Old insurance

All your home contents are covered by the policy on a ‘new for old’ basis, with the exception of linen and clothing which will be replaced at their current cost, less an amount for wear and tear. When you are working out the cost of your insurance, you will need to work out how much it will cost to replace the full contents.

If you undervalue your contents this will mean that if you claim you will not get the full value of your claim.

What you are covered for

Please refer to the insurance product information document below, which details the main circumstances that are covered (e.g. fire, theft, water damage).

How to apply

Jigsaw Homes North residents: Complete the form enclosed within this PDF booklet.

Jigsaw Homes Tameside residents: Complete the form enclosed within this PDF booklet.

Jigsaw Homes Midlands residents: Complete the form enclosed within this PDF booklet.

Please make sure that you answer all the questions and sign the declaration.

If you need help completing the form, please contact:

  • Home Contents Insurance Section, Jigsaw Homes Group Limited. Tel: 0161-331 2221.
Start date

Insurance starts when Jigsaw Homes informs you that you have been accepted onto the scheme. The start date will always be a Monday. We will write to you with details of your insurance payments and the date when you should start paying. You will be notified in writing if for any reason, you have not been accepted into the scheme.

Additional information

If during the period of your insurance coverage your home is likely to be unoccupied (e.g. if you are in hospital, extended holiday) for more than 60 consecutive days you will have to advise the provider.

Remember, it is your responsibility to ensure that the sum insured is sufficient to cover all your household items and personal effects.

We urge all tenants and leaseholders to take out household insurance, either through our special scheme or by making your own arrangements.

Download article Print article